Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reflections (Assess Your Team)

In my first article on A,B,C theory and discussing the employees assessment subject was a great learning experience for me. All those who read and responded, gave a me a good insight into how readers read, how they experiment and how they associate their situation with it.
 

One clarification that I would like to bring forward is that A,B and C category is not about showing everything great as A and everything lagging as C. I know my first article and may be many more will point towards this direction, but when I try to simplify things in these 3 categories, not everything should be looked as great, good or bad but as three legs for an essential balance to life. In some of the cases it may be hierarchical in nature but in other cases it can be just three different perspectives.

Another clarification, C category does not mean they are inompetent or unskilled. A lot of time they are sufficiently or well educated, and have adequate skills as well. The attribute that put them away and in C category is their attitude. Everyone needs an attitude to succeed in life. Where A category puts it in a right and positive direction, C category puts it in the wrong direction. It is their negative, complaining and often self damaging attitude that puts them in trouble. Hence, when I say get rid of C category, I would have only two choice. Either the person gets rid of C attitude or you get rid of C person. I insist that there are no other choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment